Design is supposed to begin in earnest the first week of June! In May, the city planner working on the park received and reviewed all the neighborhood input. She said it was extremely helpful, and she printed copies of the snapshot document and gave it to all the folks working on this project. They hope to use it as a checklist as they work on planning.
However, we can still help with more specifics. For example, do we want her to pick our playground equipment, or would we like to pick it ourselves? See below for how to help!
- Pitch In -
There is a super small group of people so far (you can count them on one hand) getting info back and forth from the city and the neighborhoods. But there's a lot more to do, and there are tons of smart, skilled, connected people here. We need ALL of our neighbors to make this happen!
There are dozens of ways ways you could be involved... from technical things like analyzing design schematics and writing grants to fun things like making cookies and face painting to practical things like planting flowers and picking up trash. Whatever you're into, there's a way for you to help. Just get in touch and we'll help you figure out what that is!
ALSO, if there's someone you think REALLY needs to get plugged into this project, please help us get in touch. Maybe they are really connected in the neighborhood, maybe they've already been advocating for park improvements for a while, or maybe they have some special skill or expertise (engineer? landscape architect? grant writer?). We need your help to find those folks.
The things below need help ASAP because they are on deadlines!! You can get more details on the HELP! page.
- Help run a Hanscom Park Renewal booth at the Field Club Historic Home Tour on June 13
- Help organize a playground input workshop for kids on June 22 or 29
- Help build a MOBILE kids' workshop on a bike and take it around the neighborhoods
- Help select specific playground equipment, themes, colors, etc.
- Help raise funds for the park by planning fun events, writing grants, reaching out to local businesses!
- Help design a community space (an amphitheatre?) in the northeast corner.
If we don't get help, we just won't be able to do these things! It's that simple!
Get in touch if you can lend a hand!