We have about $425,000 to spend on this project. The items identified by neighborhood residents could easily top $2 million.
This team met to get started on June 6. Below are details of their action plan and how you can get involved!
To be announced
We welcome interested helpers! For more information, please contact Jody (402-312-3239).
(✔ = completed)
1. ✔ Research available grants and deadlines.
2. ✔ Meet to divide up and assign the list of grants, prioritize focus areas, and create a unified set of talking points.
3. ✔ July 30th: Meet with the Parks Department to discuss issues of scope and feasibility.
4. ✔ August 11th: Meet to finalize initial grant proposal.
5. UNDERWAY >> Repeat grant process!
6. POSTPONED >> Meet with Eileen Slane who helped raise funds for renovations to Shroeder Vogel Park. (We will be joined by members of the fundraising team (events, businesses, and grants).)
7. UNDERWAY >> Identify possible business partners: local businesses and businesses with an interest in the community or in the park improvements.
8. Make initial contact with businesses and identify ways to partner.
9. Reward and appreciate business partners!
Celebrate Our Successes!
$15,000 in private grants from the Kiewit Foundation.
(We must raise at least $1,000 in matching funds from at least 20 different neighbors to receive the funds.)
So far, here is the money we've raised from neighbors:
$ 20.00 - Field Club Historic Home Tour (June 13, 2015)
$212.25 - Hanscom Park Flea Market (June 27, 2015)
$166.00 - Field Club 4th of July Parade (July 4, 2015)
$ 74.00 - Family Fitness Day (August 15, 2015)
$ 57.52 - Dinker's Bar and Grill (donation jar; for playground upgrade)
$529.77 - Total to date from our generous neighbors!
Team Name: Money Magicians
Coordinator: Jody Neathery-Castro - 402-312-3239 (mobile)
Goal: Increase funds available for the park improvement project through large grants and partnerships with businesses.
How you can get involved: Email Jody to join the team.
If you think you might be interested in helping us with grant writing, please email Jody and come meet a few of the people on the fundraising team, and see if grant writing is where you’d like to plug in,
POSSIBLE GRANT FUNDED PROJECTS