This team met to get started on June 16. Below are details of their action plan.
As of July 22nd, all Playground Design team research and input-seeking tasks have been completed. Playground design recommendations have now been submitted to the City of Omaha Parks Department, and this team is now "on hold" until the Parks Department comes back to us with their initial conceptual designs (anticipated in 2nd half of August).
Clear here for what we know so far about the Playground.
We know from the input workshop that the community wants a few things for the new playground:
(✔ = completed)
1. ✔ In teams, gather materials and plans for various stations in the kids' workshop.
2. ✔ Meet to finalize last minute plans for the kids' workshop.
3. ✔ June 29, 6-7pm at 1340 Park Ave - Kids' Workshop
4. ✔ Go to the Field Club 4th of July Parade to get additional input from neighborhood kids at the HPR booth.
5. ✔ Consolidate input. (See consolidated input here.)
6. ✔ Meet to discuss, research remaining questions, and find consensus on major design items.
7. ✔ July 22 - Submit specific design preferences and suggestions to Pat at the City of Omaha Parks Department to consider incorporating.
8. UNDERWAY >> Meet with Pat at the City of Omaha Parks Department to review initial conceptual designs for the playground (target date: 2nd half of August).
9. October 13th: Attend City of Omaha Parks Department's public presentation of initial proposed park improvements, including playground improvements, for public input before those plans are finalized by the City. This presentation is anticipated in late September or October due to data collection necessary for the CSO part of the Hanscom Park Project. Visit our "Upcoming Events" page for details on the October 13th public meeting.
Got Questions? We've Got Answers!
Coordinator: Tim Fries (402-980-0899)
Goal: Make specific recommendations for various playground design elements that align with community priorities and desires and can be realistically implemented within the Park’s Department’s constraints for time, budget, etc.
Timeline: Recommendations submitted by July 22, 2015; feedback on initial designs in August.
June 29 Kids' Workshop!
Playgrounds similar to the kids' ideas
Current appearance of playground