Thanks for coming to the public meeting on October 13! Our park is already truly wonderful, but we hope it was exciting to consider how it might be an even more functional, beautiful, and thriving feature of our community.
Now that you've seen some of the initial ideas, we have some work to do as neighbors!
A couple highlights of the agenda for fall and winter that you could be a part of...
- finalize the playground design
- build a long-term maintenance plan (and doing some short term maintenance activities)
- connect with Spanish speaking neighbors!
- organize some fun winter events (an ice skating day?! a 1920's-themed party at the pavilion!? )
- refine and troubleshoot the amphitheater concept
- design some natural education aspects (butterfly garden, native plant garden, bat houses)
- plus maybe more we haven't thought of yet!
If you're just getting in the loop or you've been wondering how you can help, but concerned about limited time or skills, come chat with us... there are a million ways to be involved both small and large!
If you're really excited (or really worried!) about any aspect of the renovation, come help shape what happens. To build the best plan possible and then turn it into reality, we need you!
(Plus, there will be homemade chocolate chip cookies.) : )
Hanscom Park Renewal
Oh! Two more things:
1) If you have kiddos that you'd like to bring with you, please let us know so we can be prepared with some fun stuff for them too!
2) If you can't make it but would still like to find where you can best contribute, email or call me (Kim: (402) 819-8177) and we'll help you figure out how to plug in.