COORDINATION AND COMMUNICATION
This team's job is to keep the information flowing between the city and the residents of the neighborhoods around the park, and to reach out to neighbors that are not yet aware of the Hanscom Park Renewal (HPR) project.
They help neighbors get plugged in to fun ways they can use their unique talents to help the project keep moving.
This team met to get started on June 16. Below are details of their action plan and how you can get involved.
Wed March 30 - Communications & Neighbor Engagement Team Meeting, 11:00am at Albelardo’s (3540 Center St.). Meeting purpose: To review status updates from all HPR teams to determine what information to post on the HPR website and/or to communicate out to our neighbors via our various communication tools, and to review those communication tools and our processes for using them to determine the best course to keep neighbors informed and HPR teams communicating We’ll also strategize our communication and publicity plan for the next few months. We welcome interested helpers! For more information, please contact Kim (email@example.com).
(✔ = completed)
Team Interwebs: (Kim, Mike)
1. ONGOING >> Keep information flowing and transparent between Hanscom Park Renewal volunteer teams, and to neighbors via:
2. ONGOING>> Communicate with new potential volunteers, identify their interests and/or skills, and connect them with the appropriate HPR volunteer team(s).
Team Grassroots: (Kim, Drew, Adina, Kevin, Becca)
1. ONGOING >> Reach out to neighborhood residents who are harder to reach to inform them of the HPR project, get their input, and get them involved in the effort. Targeted groups including:
2. Check with InCommon staff to determine some of the best outreach approaches, including utilizing the Listening Project data, to determine champions in different sub-communities surrounding Hanscom Park.
3. Once sub-community champions are identified, set up conversations with the champions to learn how to best reach their communities and work to help identify ways to encourage their communities to utilize their strengths to help improve our park.
Team Name: The Great Communicators
Coordinator: Kim Howe (312-720-9546)
Goal: Keep information flowing and get neighbors connected in meaningful ways.